Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Can pigs eat chillis?  (Read 5640 times)

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
Can pigs eat chillis?
« on: September 30, 2011, 04:35:30 pm »
just started off some chilli apple jelly.  Usually i give all the mush to the pigs but not sure if they can tolerate chillis or not.  anyone know?

i know hens are ok with chillis so at least nothing will be wasted, but i would much rather give it to the pigs this time round.....

thanks folks ???

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Can pigs eat chillis?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 05:10:06 pm »
If you do feed it, please video it!  Meg was very funny (funny ha ha) the first time she had ginger...
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

robert waddell

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 05:34:56 pm »
our get chillies in there veg and i have never seen it left :farmer:

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 06:37:35 pm »
well you bred them Robert, i'll give it a go...but if they die on me you'll have to replace them lol

robert waddell

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 07:37:52 pm »
chillies and peppers red/greenand yellow :farmer:
they must be half way to paradise         pig parsdise :farmer:

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 07:55:54 pm »
they are happy wee chappies robert.  must post some pics.  they've cleared my orchard area brilliantly and moving onto new pastures in a few weeks...and lots and lots of veg from the garden

Blonde

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 10:22:25 am »
just started off some chilli apple jelly.  Usually i give all the mush to the pigs but not sure if they can tolerate chillis or not.  anyone know?

i know hens are ok with chillis so at least nothing will be wasted, but i would much rather give it to the pigs this time round.....

thanks folks ???
dont know if pigs can at chillies, but no harm in putting it in to their pen for a try.  they may taste it and then toss it out or they may swallow it,  Or they may just dig them in to their dirt of their pens.  they can be fussy at times I know for sure.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS