Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Meg is nested and done! Now with pics & videos of the birth and first moments  (Read 20212 times)

white-blazes

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Anglesey
Re: Meg is nested and done! Now with pics & videos of the birth and first moments
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2011, 04:28:04 pm »
Thanks for sharing Sally, that was lovely to watch  :)

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
Re: Meg is nested and done! Now with pics & videos of the birth and first moments
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2011, 05:52:50 pm »
Well done Sally and Meg glad it all went well and look forward to the next lot. :thumbsup:
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2011, 10:58:25 am »
Well done Sally & Meg, glad all went to plan. Super pictures.
Been ofline all weekend so just catching up now.
Mandy  :bouquet: :pig:

Barrett

• Joined Jun 2011
  • North Somerset
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2011, 12:31:10 pm »
Very very well done Meg, Sally you have a very pretty clever girl, 1 of my sows is not due until Dec but is getting special treatment already.  :bouquet:

violet

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2011, 10:31:42 pm »
Congratulations Meg & Sally  :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :love: are absolutely adorable.

Just catching up, lovely to see the photo's & videos.

Enjoy!

Blonde

• Joined Mar 2011
Re: Meg is nesting... Nested and done!
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2011, 10:47:57 am »
No intervention necessary, both afterbirths ejected by the time I returned. 

What a clever pig!

I am absolutely delighted with the 5 healthy little bruisers; I wanted 4 or 5 but we all thought she'd be bound to have more.  I only served her one time, not three, so perhaps that's how come I just got 5. 

Anyway, Mum & babies, BH and myself are all warm and happy.  It's been a very long-held ambition to have a sow have piglets - and I couldn't have bettered the experience.
yes if a pig is served 3 times there are more piglets, if you AI twice  12 hours apart.....then yes more piglets also. but 5 for a first timmer is good..... a lower weight on the sow is a forgiving weight to her piglets..

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
I went to meet them  ;D (sorry, went to meet Sally saw the piglets  ;)). They have to be the cutest little creatures I've seen for a long time. They are chunky and tiny, charge about with their ears flapping and play the best wrestling/barging games. So lovely  ;D

Victorian Farmer

fantastic and all the best for the stock

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
I'm looking forward to showing my grandchildren the pictures and videos. Well done Meg :bouquet: :bouquet:(Though i dare say she would rather have a bouquet of carrots)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
I went to meet them  ;D (sorry, went to meet Sally saw the piglets  ;)). They have to be the cutest little creatures I've seen for a long time. They are chunky and tiny, charge about with their ears flapping and play the best wrestling/barging games. So lovely  ;D

She liked the piglets too.   ;) :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
Congratulations they are lovely  :pig:
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS