Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: when will they lay??  (Read 6050 times)

thestephens

• Joined Mar 2011
  • aberdeenshire
Re: when will they lay??
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 07:24:16 pm »
Beldie is still roaming free3 months on, even with their new luxury new shed conversion she will go in there during the day but come night fall she is gone..... husband was out for a wander last night and found her on a very wobbly branch of a tree almost hanging like a bat, we managed to pull the branch down but she escaped, tonight she is so far up the tree its amazing, surely she must be just hopping her way up there and not flying??? at least mr fox wont catch her!

Barrett

• Joined Jun 2011
  • North Somerset
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 01:06:03 pm »
Dried Mealworms they are expensive for a small amount but fantastic, my young cockerels try all that I'm not going in nonsense though when the mealworms come out they just can't resists them, give it a try.

thestephens

• Joined Mar 2011
  • aberdeenshire
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 04:58:50 pm »
got the mealworms too, cheapest place to buy is "homebargains" so much cheaper than anywhere else ive found!

Barrett

• Joined Jun 2011
  • North Somerset
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 05:31:02 pm »
She is a stubborn madame if the mealworms haven't worked she might need a cockerel to keep her in order, I have never been without a cockerel so not sure of the behaviour of girls without one, poor bugger though he is seriously henpecked they run circles round him. ::)

thestephens

• Joined Mar 2011
  • aberdeenshire
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 07:44:46 pm »
As i say, shes quite happy to go into the shed during the day but come night time she is up that tree again, Dont know if i could smuggle a cockerel in past the husband!!

deepinthewoods

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 08:15:58 pm »
could you not clip her wings back? she must be flying a bit or at least fluttering hard yto get up in the tree and maybe havin her wings clipped would unsettle her enough to get her out of the roosting habit.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS