Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Older weaners cost?  (Read 1852 times)

Bioman

Older weaners cost?
« on: June 19, 2011, 05:06:58 pm »
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying some weaners for the freezer from a local farmer with a very good reputation and I've checked them out. The trouble is that I cant buy them at 8 weeks as I will be going on holiday for a week, a fortnight after their 8 weeks old. No one will be around to look after them!  :pig: So I was wondering how much a pig increases per week from 8 to 12 ish weeks.

Cheers

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
Re: Older weaners cost?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 05:12:41 pm »
The breeder may well be able to hold them for you if you pay for their food, and a small amount for time and trouble - ask the breeder on this basis first, and then see what they come back with.  If they won't then that is not their fault, but always worth asking. 
www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:40:13 pm »
Most places charge a fiver a week to keep them extra as thats what it roughly costs to do so.
HTH
Mandy  :pig:

Cluckinggoodpoultry

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 08:37:45 pm »
We have just held 3 weaners for 3 weeks for the same reason and charged a £5 a week if that helps

Bioman

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 11:05:39 pm »
Thanks

really big help  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS