Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lost or dumped cat?  (Read 4457 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Lost or dumped cat?
« on: May 26, 2011, 12:30:03 am »
Our neighbour at the farm was driving hs van  home along our lane, when he saw something sitting in the middle of the road.  He got out and it was a cat.  Refused to move, so he picked it up and put it in the back of his van.  Came down to our field, and there we all were at 10.45pm staring at this cat .......not one I recognised from our neighbours round about.  

Cat is black, white paws, female, looks old to me, seems to have a glazed eye, maybe blind in that one.  I put it in the cat carrier for the night with food, and it ate it.  Not very active, but eating plenty.  I do wonder if someone left it, near enough to our gate thinking it would be cared for.  A female cat will stay where put, and if she was dumped there, she would not know where to go.  Going to ring our vets and see if anyone has lost an old cat, and put an ad in the shop, just in case its strayed.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 02:27:08 pm by Roxy »

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Lost or dumped cat?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 12:37:24 am »
Oh I hope you manage to track down her owner. 

I had a cat once, being naughty he climbed up inside the wheel arch of a gold Rover car.  I didn't think anything of it until he didn't come in for his tea... and the car had gone... frantic searching ensued and the outcome was that he travelled 6 miles in the engine compartment of this gold Rover, decanted on arrival, worked out which house had cats and a cat flap and proceeded to eat their food until I found him!

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 10:41:56 am »
Could take to the vets and seen if he has a microchip.
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 11:45:49 am »

Yeah, to either return her to her devastated home or to beat the cr*p out of them for dumping her  :)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 08:26:12 am »

Yeah, to either return her to her devastated home or to beat the cr*p out of them for dumping her  :)

Excellent!! nice one Rosemary  ;)  hope the cat is microchipped Roxy, especially if she is old and abit blind poor thing x
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 01:33:34 pm »
poor thing, at least she's come to a place that will look after her.
let us know how you/she gets on....
Little Blue

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 01:16:01 pm »
We have had a few dumped over the years. People seem to think because you have land and out buildings they can dump a cat theinking that it will be fine. Trouble is we have 3 cats that have been beaten up by strangers. What I do now is get a trap from the Cats Protection and once caught they take them and try and find homes. I get so mad as some of them I expect had a caring owner who died and no one in the family wants the cat.  :o

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 12:12:06 am »
Roxy, did you ever find out where this poor old girl had come from? 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS