Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pygmy/Alpine X - 3 Nanny Goats for sale  (Read 4515 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Pygmy/Alpine X - 3 Nanny Goats for sale
« on: May 16, 2011, 03:00:01 pm »
We are selling our 3 nanny goats - they are about twice the size of a normal pygmy goat but look like small Alpine goats.  They are all 2 years old but we have decided not to do the milking thing and so have decided to sell them as we have too many 'pets'.  They would be excellent for someone looking for a milking goat but a smaller, more handle-able version.  They would be suitable for breeding (and subsequent milking) this year and would probably love to meet Mr Right this autumn.  They are lovely looking goats, in full health (we will be worming them in June) - it would be great if all 3 could go together but at least the two who are pictured together should stay together as they are sisters and like cuddling in at night.  £90 each - we are near Lauder which is about 30mins south of Edinburgh.  Thanks for reading - 01578 718761 if you want to chat about them and this is what they look like:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Pygmy/Alpine X - 3 Nanny Goats for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 10:19:12 am »
Goodness - I thought for a moment someone was selling my female goats :)!!  Very similar looking to my "smaller" herd.  I run these with Bobby our pygmy billy, and  the kids usually come out compact enough to pass for pygmy goats.

I am looking for some more females, as we are not getting Bobbys daughters old enough to breed from, so need replacements.  But think my OH would not be happy for me to travel so far for goats,.

Do hope someone comes along and wants all three.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 11:08:38 am »
Thanks Roxy.  I could always meet you at Carlisle mart if you change your mind.  I could keep the spotty one as we have other goats too and she wouldn't be alone but the two sisters would have to stay together. 
Chew over it anyway!
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 01:09:04 pm »
I was up the North East side (Durham) only last weekend at a horse show - but my two ponies may not have been too happy to have goats bunking in with them.

We are looking at property for sale Carlisle way, so, thats an idea.  I will "chew" it over, but my OH will be chewing awfully fast if he thinks I am extending my goat herd - but I have told him I am selling this years pygmy  bred kids, so that may pacify him.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 02:26:16 pm »
Yes hmm...why do OHs always have to be so practical.   :'(
Send me some pics of your pygmy x types - we have registered pygmies too - odd looking things actually, the one's we are selling are much prettier but they should be bred from soon and we're not going to get into that for another couple of years.  I've put an ad in our local rag for this Thursday which has served me quite well with selling livestock in the past so hopefully they will get a nice home - its always emotional selling livestock!  :goat:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 03:48:45 pm »
I am not good selling animals either - unless  I am sure its to a caring home ......I still think about the female and intact billy that went last year, especially as their two last girls are standing in my shed.  But at least they went to the same home, and  I hope they are still together.  It will be a wrench parting with our kids from this year, especially Finlay.

Will post some pics of our x pygmys when I get home.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 01:36:20 pm »
These lovely goats have now been sold, many thanks to all who showed interest.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 11:18:27 am »
Roxy, I have a contact looking for small goats / pygmy-ish - so long as they are cute and cuddly (its a farm park) if you have any you're think of selling they would be delighted to hear from you - would give their details but you don't have email on your profile.  Please let me know if interested, thanks.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS