Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: WANTED: Soays near Glencoe  (Read 1954 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
WANTED: Soays near Glencoe
« on: May 24, 2011, 10:42:01 am »
Have a contact for someone looking for Soay sheep / lambs / starter flock (whatever) to buy near to Glencoe.  If you have please get in touch, many thanks.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Glentarki

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Perth/Fife Border
Re: WANTED: Soays near Glencoe
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 10:56:55 am »
Hi goosepimple....A neighbour of ours has a large flock of soays that Ive admired since moving here in December. Apparently inherited with their house purchase. I will pop in and ask later today as Ive yet to introduce myself. But word has it from another neighbour that they were planning to find homes for them all.
No promoses but I will enquire. Were just 6 miles south of Perth.

Dave

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:15:57 am »
Splendid thanks, I had my own flock for sale and they've sold - it was a contact who was enquiring with me, look forward to hearing from you.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 11:17:26 am »
Hi Goosepimple.  If they are looking for registered Soays, please let them know that I am working with the Soay and Boreray Sheep Society to bring registered stock north in August. Thanks, Juliet
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Glentarki

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Perth/Fife Border
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 04:30:34 pm »
Hi goosepimple.......Ive just met and spoken to the folk about the soays...Sorry to say but they are sold and just waiting to go to new owners all 22 of them..... Having said that they had no paper work for them when they inherited them a few years ago and probably some a little aged by now,  so probably not ideal for your contact. Sorry about that and good luck with your search maybe fleecewife can help.

Dave

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 06:12:55 pm »
Thanks got that, they are not especially looking for registered but it will depend on the price - I may be looking for some registered soays and borerays in August too fleecwife via Julia once she gets in touch again - all my stock are going mid July.  Thanks.  Anyone else out there with soays for sale please get in touch. ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS