Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Limping Piglets  (Read 1554 times)

loosey

• Joined May 2010
  • Cornwall
Limping Piglets
« on: May 12, 2011, 12:55:42 pm »
Aaargghh! I noticed on Tuesday that one of our little ones wasn't quite right on his back leg so I sat and watched them feeding for a while (they eat hard feed now) and after 20 minutes or so he was almost completely "sound".  I then had a call from my OH last night to say he was limping again and sdo was one of the pink ones! He seems to have hurt his front leg.

After a frantic call to HappyHippy (thank you again Karen!!) I had a feel around (as much as I could with it screaming its head off and Diasy wanting more food  ::)) and can't feel anything hot, swollen or out of place. Am hoping it's just a small sprain from the charging about they are doing on hard ground but have some Metacam if things don't improve by this evenings ... poor piggies! :pig: :pig:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: Limping Piglets
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 12:57:47 pm »
Probably just the hard ground couple of mine the same, they tend to knock themsleves when they're having a mad half hour. i'd see how they go and if seem in bad pain opt for the metacam.
HTh
mandy  :pig:

robert waddell

Re: Limping Piglets
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 02:29:40 pm »
any scratches or cuts   you will probably be best to wash the legs to see them properly    terramycin spray will also help :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS