Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: ADVICE PLEASE! Electric fencing for pigs & ponies (plus sheep)  (Read 7765 times)

HappyHippy

Re: ADVICE PLEASE! Electric fencing for pigs & ponies (plus sheep)
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 05:08:32 pm »
Oh Dear...

Fearing do a good manual that explains everything - you can order it (for free) from their website. I bought most of my stuff from them and Paddock perfection & would recommend both for good service.

Another one off my xmas list  :o
Ah, but you don't do a free manual for explaining the whole set up Gareth  ;) Fearing do, then you just buy whichever energiser suits your needs  ::) ;D I can't remember if you didn't have any powerful enough ones or if the costs were 'prohibitive' compared to others - but you're always on my price check list  :-* ;)
Karen x

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 09:43:47 am »
SFS i am surprised that there are any almost pure british companys left using british made components :farmer:

Hi Robert,

Agreed, they are getting harder to find.

The one we are switching to designes and assembles everything - even makes the PCBs themselves - but they do use components (transistors / Resistors etc) from the "Global Market" - Hence I cant say they are 100% British Made - but one good point is that they offer repairs to their units if needed - I bet most companies treat them as "Throw Away" on defect outside the warranty period.

Thanks
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

loosey

• Joined May 2010
  • Cornwall
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 10:47:01 am »
The best thing all round that we've found is the thick electric rope. It doesn't get blown around in the wind so much and packs MUCH more of a punch than 40mm tape (I have a naughty shire horse who likes to test the limits ::)!). It's easier for the pigs to see than steel wire and really easy to work with! :horse: :pig:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 03:15:07 pm »
Brilliant advice and input folks thanks very much.  Several evenings' reading and research ahead of me, I see...
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS