Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: tattooing  (Read 3207 times)

mattjen

• Joined Jun 2010
  • eastington
tattooing
« on: May 08, 2011, 08:54:13 am »
Hi all,wonder if you guys could help please?Where is the best place to buy tattoo plier kits from please and the rough price please?
Many thanks matt and jen  :pig: :pig: :pig:

HappyHippy

Re: tattooing
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 09:46:53 am »
You can buy them pretty much anywhere - Supplies for smallholders, fearing, ebay ? there's tonnes of places - a quick google will reveal them  ;D They usually cost in the region of about £80 I think  ??? I've used SfS and Fearing (who give discount for BPA members, just phone them ;)) and they're both good companies to deal with.
Karen

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 05:07:00 pm »
Hi,

Sorry we dont give discount to BPA, because our prices are cut to the bone anyway.

We are about to launch a new ear tattoo kit with six spaces - coming soon.

Thanks
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 01:28:37 am »
If the characters were a decent size, were easier to handle/change, and if the pliers had a quick release mechanism, I'd be interested.
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 05:49:13 am »
I'm looking forward to the one with 6 spaces.  At the moment it's a real pain having to do all the letters and then get the piglets all together again for the numbers.

SFS could you let me know when that one is available please?

Many thanks.
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 01:44:39 pm »
Hi JulieS

The six space kit is now available and I have sent you an email.

Thanks
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 04:04:14 pm »
Many thanks.

Just ordered some.

Here's the link if anyone else wants to take a look.

www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk/ear-tattoo-kit-six-character-complete-p-283.html

Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 04:28:19 pm »
Fearings do a range of pliers, but you have to buy the numbers and letters separately

http://www.fearing.co.uk/pig-tattooing/default.aspx

I've got the 7mm 7 character ones. Work fine, but a bit fiddly because the characters are so small. What I'd really like is a good rotary one, if anyone knows of a supplier.
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 06:50:23 pm »
Hi TT,

If you really want a good set of rotary pliers we do the Franklin Rotary Tattoo pliers - 5 space, 10mm characters, unfortunately numbers only.

But it will set you back £240 + Vat.

robert waddell

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 07:04:23 pm »
what brand of paste do you sell :pig:

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 07:51:33 pm »
Thanks, but I need both letters and numbers. I've seen some, but they are very old and no longer in production in the UK.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS