Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The Croft Soap Co  (Read 8595 times)

gillsta

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Methlick Aberdeenshire
  • Gillsta
    • Facebook
The Croft Soap Co
« on: May 01, 2011, 09:07:28 am »

Just wanted to say hello here on the crafty bit of the forum. I produce my own hand made artisan soaps. Here are a few of my creations. I have just made some Donkey milk soap which I hope to introduce to my range soon. I have made soaps for years but have just got round to selling. My web site is not up and running yet but hopefully will be soon.

This is my best selling Tamanu and Goats milk soap.
Showing and breeding Pygmy Goats
Always room for another goat as he will never notice

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: The Croft Soap Co
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 09:11:37 am »
Look good enough to eat! Are they chemical free? Donkey milk - never heard of that before - any particular reason or did you just have some lying around?  :)

gillsta

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Methlick Aberdeenshire
  • Gillsta
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 09:42:48 am »
Hi Rosemary, Yes my soaps are chemical free I dont use any animal fats either. Only skin loving ingredients like cocoa butter shea butter coconut oil olive oil almond oil avocado oil and butter and many more fantastic ingredients. I wanted to make something completely different so thats how the donkey milk soap came to mind. Traditionally known for its exceptional properties, donkey milk is a natural aid for firming, revitalising and regenerating skin cells. Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt was the first to highlight the virtues of donkey milk, then throughout the centuries the finest woman have used it to preserve the smoothness and brightness of their skin.

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 09:50:36 am »
lillian just uses MAY DEW and she is bonny all the year through ;D :-* :wave:

gillsta

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Methlick Aberdeenshire
  • Gillsta
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 10:18:03 am »
Hey Lillian if I could get some of that it would make fine soap.  ;D Although water only on your face aint such a bad thing.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 11:17:44 am »
Hello from another chemical free soap maker!

is it fresh goats milk too? do you keep your own goats and donkey for the milk? how exciting  :)

Lisa x
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 11:22:35 am »
just twigged where I recognise your soap from! we are on the same forum for soapie people  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

gillsta

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Methlick Aberdeenshire
  • Gillsta
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 11:24:23 am »
Hi Lisa,

I used both dried and fresh GM also buttermilk ad cream as well sometimes. My donkey milk is dried and from Portugal. Its very expensive though so I am not 100% sure as to its viability. Would make the soap 50% more than my normal soap to buy.

gillsta

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Methlick Aberdeenshire
  • Gillsta
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 11:25:44 am »
just twigged where I recognise your soap from! we are on the same forum for soapie people  ;)
Ah think you have a different name on that forum?? is it goatysoap??

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 11:31:03 am »
yes goatysoap. I don't go on there very often though nowadays as so busy with the animals and soap business - I do manage to get on here though  ;D

gillsta

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Methlick Aberdeenshire
  • Gillsta
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 11:35:24 am »
yes goatysoap. I don't go on there very often though nowadays as so busy with the animals and soap business - I do manage to get on here though  ;D

Aww so good that you are on here. I did wonder where you were these days. Hope you are well. I am just limbering up to doing more fencing. Have been pulling splinters from my poor fingers most of the morn.  :wave: :) ;D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 12:03:17 pm »
I sort of pop on over there and do read some posts - was there yesterday in fact because I'm doing so many craft fairs this summer I was looking for inspiration for my stall  :)
Tony was fencing all day yesterday, he's still muttering expletives at me about "your animals..." lol, he's more into the plums than the livestock, but bless him he does help me loads!
so glad you are here! lovely to have another soapie person to chat with too xxx

Fi

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 09:18:42 am »
Hi gillsta,
Your soaps look fantastic! You are not too far away from us and wondered if you'd like to show off your wares at our local (very small) Games? It's on 4th June.
Fi

gillsta

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Methlick Aberdeenshire
  • Gillsta
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 06:55:17 am »
Hi gillsta,
Your soaps look fantastic! You are not too far away from us and wondered if you'd like to show off your wares at our local (very small) Games? It's on 4th June.
Fi

Hi Fi, Thank you for the offer. I might have something already for that day although they have to confirm by Sun. I will let you know. Where is the Games??  ;D

Fi

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 08:31:39 am »
Hi they are in Cushnie which is not far from Alford.  Just let me know if you're free either on here or by e-mail. Can you see my e-mail in my profile?
Fi

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS