Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goats soap, some new ones!  (Read 7751 times)

shearling

• Joined Mar 2011
Re: Goats soap, some new ones!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 06:05:44 pm »
:), I end   up with more dog shampoo wasted as it runs out of my hands, I used a good baby shampoo on them last time!!!

I was going to try giving my girls a good scrub down, but my mutts decided to eat it instead - frothy mouths and...

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 06:12:21 pm »
Oh oh oh soap has arrived just need a nice fine day so I can test it on Blueshaan. He has a couple of rub marks from his fly rug so it should help there as well

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 05:41:18 pm »
Hi Lisa

The soap arrived yesterday so Jade had a shower!

It lathered well and rinsed ok, the smell of wet dog was not as bad either! Today can still faintly smell the lemon. I have attached pic of victim and pic of next victims! if they stay still long enough  ;D

Thank you for sending it. I will keep an eye out for the lip balm.

Jackie
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 09:59:44 am »
I had to bathe my old dog last night as he was stinking so I used the pet soap and oh my goodness is it good. I have a cross shepherd that stinks worse than a terrier, the soap was so easy in a bar format it lathered really well and rinsed so easily. It has left him smelling really good and I have never seen him so clean, one tiny issue was the bar smells so good he did try to eat it a couple of times ??? I am so so impressed and just praying for a nice day so that I can wash the horse, I'm sure Blueshaan will love it too. If I have any left after washing the horse (as he is very big) I want to try it on the collie and see how clean he looks afterwards.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 11:23:56 am »
THat's lovely!! thank you so much for your positive comments!!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 04:46:08 pm »
 Up date for your interest. Yesterday I bathed the pigs! :pig: :pig: they were covered in mud and pee after weeing in their wallow. They came up a treat, and smelt lovely. I used a mitten loofah and a bucket of warm water both loved it and tried to drink the soapy water from the bucket.

It was short lived, this am they had both been in the wallow so now smell just as bad!! but would def do it again.

Could advertise as soap to use b4 a show as I know people wash/bath them in preparation for a show.
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 07:08:11 pm »
Thank you for your update Eastling! your pigs sound fab! I love the idea of using this as a pre-show soap, thank you! Lisa x
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 11:34:11 am »
If I ever have a warm weekend I will wash Blue as he needs it with all the rain and mud, but Rusky (dog) is still looking extra clean and smalls ok which is very unusual for him as he normally stinks

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS