Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goats soap, some new ones!  (Read 7732 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Goats soap, some new ones!
« on: April 27, 2011, 04:23:37 pm »
Just to let you know there are a few new soaps on the website and some bath bomb muffins (banana or blueberry!) the gardeners soap is currently on 'special offer'. 
website is www.itsbaaathtime.com 
Lisa x
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: Goats soap, some new ones!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 11:07:26 pm »
Hi Lisa

Do you still make the dog shampoo soap?
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

Sandy

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 11:15:41 pm »
Dog soap shampoo would be good, you do not need to squirt it but rub it on in places and then wrinse off, sounds good, especilay if it had elements of flea repellant such as Lavender in it!!! :)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 07:02:53 am »
Now wouldn't that be good. Lavender to calm the animal and tea tree to help repell beasties. now I need to go and look at my natural animal fly repellants so I can tell Lisa the mixture of oils it has in it.

Sandy

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 08:27:21 am »
 :), I end   up with more dog shampoo wasted as it runs out of my hands, I used a good baby shampoo on them last time!!!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 06:38:44 pm »
I have made some doggie shampoo but never marketted it.  It is a solid bar made with soothing lavender and insect repelling citronella. Both natural essential oils. Its not strongly scented so that the dog smells too much after.
Was going to test it on my goats  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Sandy

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 06:46:09 pm »
That sounds good, maybe the dogs would prefer it to smell of FOx poo anyway!!! :D WOuld love some of that when we are back in the black as opposed to the red!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 06:50:49 pm »
No worries Sandy  :)  it has been tested on a few local dogs and the owners said it was good but I don't have dogs so have been waiting for hot weather to try it on the goats. having said that, I did the goats with cattle shampoo other day without thinking so better use this one next time! 

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 10:23:23 pm »
wonder if it would work on the horse as well????

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 07:14:50 am »
I can send you a sample - you could let me know then. I could market it the soap as 'animal shampoo' rather than dog if it does x

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 07:43:13 am »
you know me I'll give anything a try and because your soap is so good I can't see it being a problem with him anyway

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 09:25:41 am »
Would definately be interested in it. I have a lab who does get scuffy skin on her back end occassionaly so something moisurising would also be good. would oatmeal work?

I also thought I could try it on my pigs as they pee in their wallow and then get in it!!

I would also be interested in a lip balm are you still making it?
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 02:54:04 pm »
could you  message me your postal addresses please (ellisR I know I have yours somewhere but would be quicker to get it again, you know how organised I am...not... :)   )
I'll send you all a sample, you can let me know your thoughts (sandy, ellisr, eastling)

lip-balm, been a few labelling hicupps which is a pain. the lipbalms are fine and have been given the thumbs up by the people who tried them but can't sell until I sort out appropriate labels to fit the diddy little tubs, grrr. am also looking for someone in the locality (about 2 miles radius from here) who makes beeswax so I can source as local as possible x

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 04:40:59 pm »
Get intouch with the beekeepers association in your area I'm sure someone will help you

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 08:28:15 pm »
Plums - when it's been tested don't forget to post when they are available for sale.  Sounds great.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS