Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Berkshire Boar and Scots Grey Hens for sale Scotland  (Read 8303 times)

lunanlife

• Joined Jan 2010
Berkshire Boar and Scots Grey Hens for sale Scotland
« on: April 18, 2011, 01:59:46 pm »
Hi

We have currently got the following stock for sale:

Year old Berkshire Boar for £220.00

3 Scots Grey Hens 9 months old £10.00 each

Located in Angus, Scotland

janeislay

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Isle of Islay
    • Ellister Islay Highland Ponies
Re: Berkshire Boar and Scots Grey Hens for sale Scotland
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 04:01:39 pm »
I'm very interested indeed; where abouts in Angus are you ?  I'm on Islay and urgently looking for a boar (and some new blood hens too), but I'd need to arrange some transport somehow.  I have a couple of mares about to foal and daren't leave.

lunanlife

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 09:29:28 am »
Hi

We are right on the Coast at Lunan Bay in between Montrose an Arbroath. Let me know if you are able to arrange something. If you give me your email address I could get some pictures to you.

Scott

janeislay

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Isle of Islay
    • Ellister Islay Highland Ponies
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 04:55:03 pm »
Drat - a float was coming up to Montrose on Saturday, but it's been cancelled.  Nothing else in the pipeline.

I'll have to say thanks, but not possible.  I'll need to see if I can find something a bit closer to home.

Jane

alexander

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Macduff Eastwemyss
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 02:08:14 pm »
Hi Do you still have the Scot's grey hens for sale if so can you send a picture please. alexander_arthur@yahoo.co.uk

lunanlife

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 06:25:02 pm »
Hi

I don't have the hens for sale. But I do have a breeding pair that I would give away for free. There is a catch! The cock is quite the lad and will go for people that are unknown to him. He has only ever had a go at me twice before while the hen was nesting. He is currently in a shed as we have a lot of visitors at this time of year. They are very successful and she nested twice last year in her first year producing 23 chicks. I havn't let her go broody so far this year.

alexander

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Macduff Eastwemyss
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 01:18:14 pm »
Hi
    I would be delighted to take you up on your offer but I would need 2 or 3 weeks to build a coop and run out of the  way to keep the neighbours happy. We only keep hens down at the house and Great Danes.
I have always loved Scots greys but never had them.

Caroline3

• Joined Mar 2013
Scots Grey Hens for sale Scotland
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 10:04:23 pm »
I just wondered if you are still breeding Scots Grey I am finding them hard to source in Aberdeenshire?

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 10:10:32 pm »
Try murton at Forfar, I know they recently had hatching eggs
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Scots Grey Hens for sale Scotland
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 09:19:21 am »
I just wondered if you are still breeding Scots Grey I am finding them hard to source in Aberdeenshire?

Not Aberdeenshire but try John Cumming 07979 982498 - he breeds top class Scots Greys and Dumpies in Glenfarg.

Caroline3

• Joined Mar 2013
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 07:45:51 pm »
Brilliant I will give this a try, I don't have the set up for hatching eggs.

creelfisherman

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 04:17:53 pm »
Hi there, I am looking to start a small breeding group of about a dozen to start with and wonder if you still breed the Scots Greys?
I am picking up a hen house this afternoon and should be ready for birds by the end of May but have accommodation for them sooner if needed.
Found sourcing birds a wee bit difficult hence replying to a very old post.
Thanks
Graeme

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 10:12:05 pm »
Rory Innes the Secretary of the Scots Grey club is the man to contact if you are looking for birds, Also there is a Facebook page on Scots Grey's you could try.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

creelfisherman

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 12:04:23 pm »
Hi bigchicken,

I already have the facebook page but will contact Rory and hopefully establish a wee breeding population of these lovely birds.

Regards

Graeme

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS