Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: fatty lump  (Read 1282 times)

Galician Smallholder

• Joined Dec 2010
fatty lump
« on: April 16, 2011, 08:50:42 pm »
Over the past few days I have noticed an ever increasing fatty to the touch, lump growing on the underside of one of my Sows. Initially thinking it was a bit/sting thought I would wait till Monday to take further action. She is 3 years old and has always been in good health, she is feeding, drinking and going about her daily business fine, this evening I noticed she had scratched it and a fatty/milky substance was leaking from it !!! apologies if you are just having your supper. I have called the vet and left message (being very rural can take a while for her to pick up her messages). Anyone else had such an issue.  I am able to touch and even press the lump and she doesnt seem to mind????

HappyHippy

Re: fatty lump
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 09:51:21 pm »
I've no experience of this, but could it maybe be an abscess that's burst ?
I'd try to give the area a wash and spray on some purple spray or iodine just to stop any infection entering the site until the vet gets a chance to look at it. The fact that she's eating and drinking fine is good and would suggest it's nothing life threatening.
HTH
Karen

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS