Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Eeek .......whats that hole?  (Read 3475 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Eeek .......whats that hole?
« on: April 03, 2011, 10:37:43 pm »
Because the pygmy billy has enormous horns (they were on him when he arrived!) his field shelter is lined with tin sheets,  because he would wreck the shed other wise.  There is one sections with no tin on, and yes, this afternoon, there was such a noise and the next thing Bobbys face appeared in the side of the shed.  Have managed to wedge a steel sheet down the side of the shed to  prevent the hole getting any larger.

Another repair job ;D ;

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Eeek .......whats that hole?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 08:53:19 pm »
horns are such a pain!
Cesar scratches his along the fence and the other day got caught in the wire ... I was just on my way in to rescue him as he got free.. then got stuck again as he had to try and beat the wire into submission!

yesterday,he and Max were playing football (yes, really!) when he got the ball stuck between his horns (he likes to scoop it up with his horns and chuck it!)
J had to flick it out with a long stick as Cesar was starting to get cross...
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 10:28:57 pm »
 ;D  I am just trying to picture the football match......tell them not to knock the ball into next doors garden, the neighbours may not be pleased when Max goes round for his ball back!!!

Bobby has had his horns stuck a  few times, but he is very good at getting himself out of whatever mess he is in.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 09:11:25 pm »
;D  I am just trying to picture the football match......tell them not to knock the ball into next doors garden, the neighbours may not be pleased when Max goes round for his ball back!!!

;D  ;D  ;D
Neighbours on the corner would love it - He's an amateur referee & the son plays footie in the road!

On the other side, well  .... I had to go over the other day to chase back an escaped rabbit (Little ***s had tunnelled underneath their run!) She said "last time the rabbit ate all my veg"
.. I thought to myself its either somebody elses rabbit... or thats when the pig got out and walked right round the front & up the road to go into their garden!!!  Thank goodness they were out then! (although I can't say I saw any damage to their veg patch, I would have apologised for it)

;)  :D
Little Blue

princesspiggy

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 07:54:34 pm »
horns are such a pain!
Cesar scratches his along the fence and the other day got caught in the wire ... I was just on my way in to rescue him as he got free.. then got stuck again as he had to try and beat the wire into submission!
our hebridean ram got his curled horns completely entangled in the tight straining wire that holds steady the fone pole in his field. took me almost an hr to free him. its happened before with stock fencing too.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 08:02:31 pm »
... or thats when the pig got out and walked right round the front & up the road to go into their garden!!!  Thank goodness they were out then! (although I can't say I saw any damage to their veg patch, I would have apologised for it)

;)  :D

I'd loved to have seen their faces tho ;D  :love: :pig: :love: ;)
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS