Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Piglet got a HUGE ball  (Read 3313 times)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
Piglet got a HUGE ball
« on: April 02, 2011, 05:32:42 pm »
I managed to get down the field this afternoon yeah! But I find I have a boar who has a very swollen testicle. He seems absolutely fine can't examine him given my lack of mobility but managed to give him a jag of abs just in case. I guess he's been rough and tumbling with the others but anything else I should do. Obviously if he seems poorly at all I'll get the vet but he's running around eating and drinking fine no problem.
Rob thought he was just a big boy.. Doh!

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
Re: Piglet got a HUGE ball
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 05:35:08 pm »
Its a man thing  ::) your OHs take on it  ???

Hope you find out what is causing it, and it goes down soon  :wave:

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 07:00:40 pm »
If it's just one, could well be a testicular hernia.

These can affect their well being, but many don't, and if it stays the same size, and is causing no problems, they can go through to slaughter like this - just mention it on the FCI form.

If it affects his behaviour, or continues to change size, then vet and vet's bill is the answer.
www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 07:06:36 pm »
Thanks oaklands I'll keep an eye on him. Any sign of illness and I'll get the vet.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 09:33:06 pm »
On Embarrassing Bodies last night there was a man with a similar thing, which was an epididymal cyst - fluid filled and no problem until it began to cause pressure and pain.  Diagnosis was by shining a torch through it - fluid lets the light through, something solid doesn't (like candling eggs).  Could apply to a pig too  :D  :pig:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 09:59:38 pm »
Could do fleecewife will check when I'm out of cast.

Sandy

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 10:27:06 pm »
So whos going to hold the torch under the pigs testicle????? As for embarresing bodies, I cannot believe people want to show them bits, I have seen less full frontle stuff in mags left by workmen  ;)
On Embarrassing Bodies last night there was a man with a similar thing, which was an epididymal cyst - fluid filled and no problem until it began to cause pressure and pain.  Diagnosis was by shining a torch through it - fluid lets the light through, something solid doesn't (like candling eggs).  Could apply to a pig too   

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 12:18:50 am »
I must admit Sandy that last night was really OTT.  I am a nurse but the gratuitous close-ups of a 'young lady's bits', filmed while she sat there chatting away, were too much for me. Totally gross. Seeing the epididymal cyst being sorted was a pleasant interlude  :)   But I love the fact that people come in claiming to have been far too embarrassed to see their doctors about their oh so embarrassing problem - then let the whole world snort and chuckle over what ever is wrong with them. The seductive power of 'being on the telly'  ::)    You've got to laugh
Helencus - do make sure someone with an extra hand to spare takes a photo of the light being shone through the pigs testicle - poor pig, not his fault and I apologise for making light of his dilemma  :pig:

So whos going to hold the torch under the pigs testicle????? As for embarresing bodies, I cannot believe people want to show them bits, I have seen less full frontle stuff in mags left by workmen  ;)
On Embarrassing Bodies last night there was a man with a similar thing, which was an epididymal cyst - fluid filled and no problem until it began to cause pressure and pain.  Diagnosis was by shining a torch through it - fluid lets the light through, something solid doesn't (like candling eggs).  Could apply to a pig too   
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Sandy

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 09:48:12 am »
I wonder how piggies ball is going?????? I think you should def have the camera ready if you do candle him, it may prove a funny clip for You Tube!!

Now who would not go swimming due to being embarresed about her hairy bum, yet, have a camera crew and god knows how many millions of people over time, freeze framing and watching it  ??? Last week there was another bum hole that was itchy and a close up of that put me off my tea.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 09:49:40 am »
We've got to catch him first.  Poor piggy..
I can't watch embarrassing bodies it's far far too gross. Just the talking about what is on makes me heave.

robert waddell

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 09:55:31 am »
now that lady that was showing of her lady bits         i am sure she was enjoying the second session :wave:

Sandy

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 10:28:29 am »
 :-[ Now I am not squeamish or a prude but  :o  I always used to love the vet programme on a Sunday, however, that coincided with our on our lap tea and it always had some gross footage that did put me off my tea and that takes an awful lot!!!!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS