Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Planning eh?  (Read 2268 times)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Planning eh?
« on: April 02, 2011, 01:02:58 pm »
Well the independent adjudicator has been down to see if my new shed can be built on an agri 28 day notice. He was told that there was no signs of agri activity from 'the parks' (or from the person who stood in the middle of a car park for 30 minutes and didn't ask anything about my business plan or animals which should have been the first question under local business sustainability) - I'd have liked her to have seen all the animals but I dont think I would put them all in the car park for her to see. I would have liked her to ask.

All I want is a shed to put my equipment in!! Got £30,000 of stuff outside rotting in the sea air!! And a danger to walkers and children walking by cos they think its play equipment. Not once have I been asked what I plan to do or who I employ or how I plan to take my business.

I am Pretty sure they would be happy to see our house as another holiday home rather than a working farm. They should be happy that the campsite has to close because of planning delays for a toilet block - another 8000 visitors less to the area this year because of their delays!!

I defend what the parks are about and how they protect the area but I also think that I maybe a threat maybe cos I got some money - I dont want a theme park, hotel or a posh cafe' - all I want is to create a sustainable farm, yard and views that people can enjoy as they walk through.

I cant believe that they think that there is nothing agri going on here - cos if I dont get a shed then there may not be in the future - I'll give up as there is no point in making this capital investment in equipment if it going to be eaten by rust in 5 years time, this money I have is not going to last forever, I have to build while I can.

Vented - Baz
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:53:40 am by bazzais »

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
Re: Planning eh?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 01:09:44 pm »
Dont start me on planners.. Clueless bunch of fxxing jobsworths in my experience. Very little common sense and they behave like tin pot gods. I'm sure there are some decent ones ive just never met one.

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: Planning eh?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 01:25:13 pm »
Its crazy - most of the country is against 'superfarms' and intensive farming but support for smallholders seems few and far between.

I mean there are many people on here worried about planning for pig arks, building ponds, chicken sheds, goat shelters etc etc - real small scale stuff that has no impact to anyone.  I mean how fecking menial is this.  These planning laws are aimed at big business doing things on large scales - they should not be worries for people who just want a few animals to make the countryside what is should be - just a home to look after stock and sustain ourselves.  Its no wonder that rural communities are dwindling and being ripped apart when its increasingly being made impossible for people to diversify their methods and animal keeping.

Baz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS