Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 4 piglets gone  (Read 2803 times)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
4 piglets gone
« on: April 02, 2011, 11:27:50 am »
Well 4 piglets that I sold last week went today. Felt really fed up not being able to be involved. Dad and Rob had to sort and 2 things went wrong they didn't check the AML was legible so my copy was blank and they got the monies wrong and accepted £20 less than agreed. I rang the buyer and sorted the form out and he offered to bring the money round I think it was a genuine mistake but didn't need the awkwardness of it tbh. I've told him to forget it as they were mismarked meat pigs but it made me feel rubbish and useless. Dad and Rob did their best but I still told them off :-(
Still 10 days to go to cast off and we've managed to seperate gilts and boars now so hopefully status quo resumed until I'm back on my feet.

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
Re: 4 piglets gone
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 11:35:32 am »
Chin up hun, you will just have to teach them for next time and then things will run smoothly. Or better still show them how it is to be done when your back on your feet.
We all take a knock now and then but it is always good to try and find the bright side, and I think yours is you have less mouths to feed and a bit extra in your pocket.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 11:57:50 am »
Thanks ellisr you're right just hate feeling so frustrated. I bred them and I expected to be able to see them away properly and I've had to leave it to others. They told me I needed to stay out the way as I do have a tendency to give my orders from my chair .. Seems they don't like that can't think why. Still sorted now and maybe might even get a few more sold over the next month. Fingers crossed.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 07:12:33 pm »
Sorry to hear you so poorly.  I guess it must be so frustrating for you not being able to see things through at the moment - others will never do things the way we do, even when we give them implicit instructions, it's never the same  ::)

Hope things get better for you soon  :bouquet:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 07:20:21 pm »
Thanks Beewyched I'm not ill just a broken ankle. I was feeling sorry for myself again but alright now as hubby made sure I got down the field to see my piggies. I love that man even if he's clueless with pigs :-))
He doesn't do things the way I do and I've discovered one boar has an enlarged testicle which he didn't mention as he thought he was just well endowed! Lol! Don't know what I'd have done without him this last 5 weeks tho.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 07:38:23 pm »
JUST a broken ankle - ouch that must have hurt  :'(  I've got fybromyalgia & I know what it's like when I can't get out to the animals  :pig: :chook: :bee:  I really miss them  :(  the dogs make an extra fuss of me though  :love: :dog:

My OH is brill with them, but they often sulk with me if they've not seen me for a day or 2  ::)
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 08:54:32 pm »
My girlies were pleased to see me and bonking boris was today. I miss my piggies but it was lovely to see them today. Looked up your condition and honestly a broken ankle is nowt. I know in another month I'll be fine so ni sympathy for me just you take care :-))

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 09:08:09 pm »
I suppose you could try & make the most of another month of rest - but it does get boring & hey, the sun's trying to shine out there  ;D

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 09:19:16 pm »
Naaaaah 2 weeks tops and I'm back on it :-)
Hope you're on top of things :-)

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 09:34:35 pm »
Just be careful not to do too much too soon  ;)

I'm pretty ok at the mo - just have to watch not to do too much or I'll suffer for it afterwards, then get knackered for days  ::)  This fybro's such a ****ing pain to manage - especially when there's so much to do this time of year  :pig: :chook: :dog: :bee: :carrot: :brocolli: :cherry: :peas: :rasp: :farmer:

Just to think - we're hoping to get  :sheep: next  ;D

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 09:56:36 pm »
Well just be careful take.your own advice and dont do too much!

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 10:09:01 pm »
 ;) ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS