Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: tamworth gilts wanted  (Read 2811 times)

robert waddell

tamworth gilts wanted
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:17:26 pm »
As this post suggests I am in need of 5 tamworth gilts or sows after their first litter. Please pm me. Preferably Scotland or North of England

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
Re: tamworth gilts wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:18:19 pm »
Hiya Lillian  :wave:

I was told by a local farmhand, who thinks our Kunes are too cute to eat by the way, that the local butcher keeps Tamys - will try & find out some more details for you.

Ps. My OH has fallen in love not only with your collies, but also your whiskey sausages now - blame Karen  ;D
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

robert waddell

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 10:24:35 pm »
I can always keep a puppy till the piggy workshop for you, just let me know. The whisky sausages was a trial run and I am delighted that you like them. Any help requiring the tammys is much appreciated. Robert and I are looking forward to meeting you at the BBQ. ;D ;D

princesspiggy

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 11:10:34 pm »
have u tried sarah dodds in wooler. we got our 2 from her, would recommend her  :)

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 12:08:05 am »
Seriously Lillian, now is not the right time for us to have a collie - no matter how much we love them  :(

As for the sausages - well, my OH says she would have them for every day for the rest of her life & if you would ever give her the recipe she would guard it with her life - "truely amazing from the first bite onwards" - that's saying something coming from her, believe me  ;D

Should be seeing the Tamy bloke or his feed supplier on Friday - will get details for you them.

:wave:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

robert waddell

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 06:21:54 am »
I will see about the recipe for you. Let me know about the details for the tammys thanks.

Princess, no I have not tried sarah can you please give me her details

thanks x

violet

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 09:41:04 pm »
Did you get my reply on the Breeders forum? Not sure if it's of any help.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 04:44:39 pm »
Sorry Lillian - no luck  :(

Saw the bloke & apparently he's given up all his pigs (did have around 50 at one point!).  Did ask him if he knew of anyone about with any, all he suggested was the Breeders Club or the RBST.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS