Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kune Kune friend needed  (Read 4463 times)

wellies

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shrewsbury
    • Fairfax Ryeland Flock
    • Facebook
Kune Kune friend needed
« on: March 17, 2011, 03:34:24 pm »
One of my Kune Kunes died this morning  :'( He was a castrated 7 month old and has left behind his brother and stable buddy Harry who is looking rather bewildered. I have not kept a sole Kune Kune before and am sure Harry would be happier with a buddy. Harry, who is also castrated, is a friendly little chap who likes other animals, dogs, sheep, horses etc and I am worried he will fret on his own. Does anyone out there have a Kune Kune who is friendly, needs a new home and would like to come and live with Harry in Shropshire?

HappyHippy

Re: Kune Kune friend needed
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 04:12:43 pm »
The Kune Kune society do a rescue and rehoming service http://www.britishkunekunesociety.org.uk/kunekune-rescue.html it's worth contacting Wendy Scudamore, even if there aren't any in your area listed - often there are so many she doesn't have time to list them all.
I've got 3 you could have your pick of - but I think Glasgow's a bit too far away  :-\
HTH
Karen x

wellies

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shrewsbury
    • Fairfax Ryeland Flock
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 06:18:18 pm »
Thank you so much for the link, I will have a look and contact the society. I yhink you might be right Glasgow is a long way for a pig to travel  :)

powispigs

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shropshire
    • Powis Pigs
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 06:54:48 pm »
Hi, we are in Shropshire and looking for a new home for a kune kune sow - she may be in pig but has been with the boar for 6 months and no sign as yet!  She is 3 years old called Emily, if any interest to you let me know.  :wave:

wellies

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shrewsbury
    • Fairfax Ryeland Flock
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 05:34:17 pm »
Harry is seriously driving me up the wall, he is constantly under foot now he hasn't got his brother for company and he even tried to help us fence this afternoon  ::). If Emily still shows no sign of being pregnant in the next couple of weeks and she's still available I may have to come and meet her. Is she still with the boar?  :wave:

powispigs

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shropshire
    • Powis Pigs
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 06:51:52 pm »
she is still with Bob just to keep each other company as Bob is for sale too, I cant remember the last time he showed any interest in her - easily over 4 mths ago.  You are more than welcome to come and have a look and see what you think, I am so sorry you are in this situation  :wave:

powispigs

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shropshire
    • Powis Pigs
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 03:02:52 pm »
Thank goodness you didn't have our kune kune, we re-homed with no signs of being in pig on tues and as I am sure you have all guessed she had 12 piglets on wednesday night, bless her. Wouldn't have moved her if we had any idea  :pig:

HappyHippy

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 03:04:33 pm »
That's pigs for you eh ?
 ;D ;D ;D

powispigs

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shropshire
    • Powis Pigs
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 05:08:34 pm »
couldn't believe it when they called today, thankfully Emily is absolutely fine and the lovely couple who re-homed her were over the moon as we had warned them it was a possibility   :pig:     

wellies

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shrewsbury
    • Fairfax Ryeland Flock
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 08:46:39 pm »
 ;D your right so glad Harry hadn't made friends with her or he would be distraught now having to be seperated from another buddy. So glad though that her new owners are happy with their piglets. Do let me know if you hear of a buddy for Harry, he's still looking for a companion  :wave:

powispigs

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shropshire
    • Powis Pigs
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 07:57:03 am »
of course I will, just looked on preloved and there are two castrated males 10 mths old needing a new home in Wrexham.  Might be worth having a look on there. sorry we couldn't help - good luck  :wave:

wellies

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shrewsbury
    • Fairfax Ryeland Flock
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 06:15:59 am »
Thank you wi;; have a look now  :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS