Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New ark arrived and its huuuge!  (Read 2240 times)

craiglockwood

• Joined May 2009
  • South Wales
    • Website
New ark arrived and its huuuge!
« on: March 17, 2011, 01:16:41 pm »
My new Carbery ark arrived today (many thanks Gearoid@Carbery)...

It is bloody huge!  Great for the pigs to shade from the sun but I think I will need to fill it with bales of straw for my next weaners in the winter so they can keep warm.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: New ark arrived and its huuuge!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 10:01:52 am »
Looks great.  Do you have problems with the pigs chewing the post and rail fencing (I noted the electric along the bottom)

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 10:46:00 am »
Looks super, fill it with little bales at the back to make the inside snugger otherwise they'll pee in the doorway instead of going outside at night! You can remove the bales as the piggies get bigger.
In summer you might find they cook in there as they get pretty hot and you might want to think about covering it with carpet or old bales to insulateit from the sun.
HTH and they look super piggies.
Mandy  :pig:

craiglockwood

• Joined May 2009
  • South Wales
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 12:13:13 pm »
Hilarys Mum:   No problem with chewing (yet).  I have removed the electric tape as I used to pen off an area of the garden for them to uproot ready for my veg patch - a very good job they did too!

Blonde

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 01:15:39 pm »
 If there is plenty of feed there should really  be no need to chew wooden railings but yiu know pigs....they will because they can and it is a pain when they do.  I put in new drinkers jsut recently and left one exposed at the back thiking it would be alright.......  not so, had to cover it with a piece of sheeting to stop them totally wrecking it.  They have a good wallow and a good drining system too.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS