Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: BPA in France.  (Read 6995 times)

Mr Pig

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: BPA in France.
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 05:25:53 pm »
having read the posts on this  i think it is a bit like the knee jerk reaction to the proposed increase to British BPA members
stand back  stay calm and let the BPA overcome the perceived problems when the membership subscriptions are announced
little offshoots is not the way forward
just my view on this

As the letters to members other than DD subscribers are now hitting the doormats, I wonder if recent recipients are now also experiencing a knee jerk reaction?

robert waddell

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 06:21:04 pm »
oh no mr pig, I am not biting on this one, sorry :wave: :wave: :wave:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 06:37:20 pm »
Does anyone know if European memberships are being renewed?

robert waddell

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 06:43:19 pm »
if they need the money it would be sensible to accept your membership fee :wave:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 07:50:54 pm »
Mine hit the doormat or rather the gatepost at the end of the drive today!
Have to say i've ben expecting it, not really sure what to do as i only have 3 breeders so i either stay PAYG £50 or stump up £70 for unlimited birth notes & 1 reg. I don't always birthnote or register so hey ho.........
What really boiled me was on the back in the 'Questions answered' bit was the way they keep telling you to pass costs to your buyer. Have they tried selling pedigree pigs this year!!!!!!!!! ::)
Will wait for GOS AGM on 10th April to see what others make of it.
Mandy  :pig:
Ps you can follow the on going outrage at BPA charges on the Free speech section of th GOS forum, it make interesting reading!!!!!!!!!

gavo

• Joined Aug 2008
  • Belcoo, Enniskillen, N.Ireland
  • Crazy Pig Lover
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 08:36:47 pm »
From what i read on the paperwork the notifications were NOT unlimited you are allocated a set number after which you pay the standard fee[if you join the package plan].On another note we have always charged the buyer if they want their pig registered;is this not the case for other breeders? We fall into a higher category re sow numbers than yourself F.F and we're still better off on PAYG as far as i can make out.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 09:36:57 am »
Well i'm probably better off on PAYG as well then, will have to sit down and read it properly as have only given it a quick scan. Don't have to do anything until June anyway. and a lot can happen betwen now & then.
Mandy  :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS