Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Where to advertise?  (Read 2043 times)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
Where to advertise?
« on: February 21, 2011, 06:37:31 am »
Hi all it's time for me to advertise my weaners but other than the local feed stores I'm not sure where are the best places to advertise. How do you guys advertise yours?

robert waddell

Re: Where to advertise?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 07:20:28 am »
Try advertising your weaners in The Farmers Weekly.

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 08:22:45 am »
I'd add to Lillian's advice and say - local 'farm' vets, free local listings paper, on-line forums (here, RC, the pig site etc) they should be on the BPA database too, so you might get a bit of interest there. Local shops are a good idea too and if you've got a livestock market that holds pig sales, get along to one and talk to folk, tell them you have weaners and spread the word ;)
Another thing which might be worth considering is if there's a community council website for your area - get in touch with them and ask to be included. The RBST will advertise them free if you're a member, if not there's a small charge. Also practical pig keeping (is that the name ?) the new BPA magazine - you can pay to advertise in there too. Pre-loved is another site where there are pigs advertised (not sure of the costs though)
HTH
Karen x
PS. How are they all doing ? and how are Kim and Aggie now ?  :-*

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 09:54:00 am »
Local allotment societies, gardening clubs, smallholder association.    Even supermarket notice boards they are very diverse.

Frieslandfilly

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 10:09:50 am »
We got ours last year form an ad in the newsagent window!!

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 10:11:26 am »
As a semi-regular purchaser of weaners, I tend to look here and similar forums and also on the specific breed websites when I'm in the market to buy. If I ever saw any adverts for pigs in the local feed shops, I'd definitely give them a call as finding local breeders is generally pretty tough and I end up having to travel a fair bit.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 08:50:55 pm »
Thanks all some good tips. The fly in the ointment is the week they're 8 weeks old (week after next) I've got to go to India on business for a week. It'll be a right pain so I'm not best pleased. I'm going to have to wean a week early cause the girls are starting to lose too much condition to go past 8 weeks. If I left it it'd be 10 weeks and just too long for them I think.
It'll be fun and games then round mine next week. I've got to figure out who is who again as the paint marks came off in all the rain. Thankfully they've stayed with their moms at night so just got to catch them in the arc.. Should be fun!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS