Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Piglet Surprise!  (Read 8813 times)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Piglet Surprise!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 09:48:07 am »
Not used homeopathy much with pigs but a friend does Reiki (sp??).  I admit to being a sceptic.  During the last couple of years we have had 2 pigs who vet had given up on.  She cured them both.  I have no idea how. 

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:52:30 am by Hilarysmum »

ramblerskitchen

• Joined Nov 2010
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 11:15:13 am »
Hi   So pleased your piglets have arrived safely. 
This might be not help to you at all, but better to be on the safe side.   
I bred from my boxer dog last year.  She had 7 healthy puppies and one still born within 5 hours of the 1st one being born.  The stillborn pup looked perfectly healthy and normal colour.  All seemed fine until 12 hours later when she have birth to another still born.  This one was very dark, almost black.
I contacted my vet who advised me that if the bitch seemed fine etc etc then nothing 2 worry about.   2 days later she stopped eating.  She was still feeding her pups but I was not happy with her.  Took her to the vets and she had an horrendous infection and needed emergency surgery.  After the operation I was told she would have been dead within 24 hours!!! 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I so wish I had taken her to the vets rather than just accepted their advise.  Your pig has been given antib's so hopefully will do the trick, but if your gut tells you she is not right, get her checked out. x

HappyHippy

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 03:27:44 pm »
Not used homeopathy much with pigs but a friend does Reiki (sp??).  I admit to being a sceptic.  During the last couple of years we have had 2 pigs who vet had given up on.  She cured them both.  I have no idea how. 
I do Reiki too  ;D I'm the biggest sceptic out there, and goodness knows why but it works  :o
I've helped friends and family, animals and my pigs (last litter was 9 piglets - all surviving - from a Kune Kune, which I believe is a wee bit unusual - please tell me if that's wrong though :-\) I sent distance reiki to James Lindsay's dog, Gynty and she seems to have improved.
What's the saying "Ours is not to question why, there are more things on heaven and earth" - something like that ? I'm not questioning - for me, it works and it's great that it does  ;) ;D
Karen x

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 02:30:17 pm »
I totally agree.  Cant explain it though.

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 12:53:09 am »
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 09:04:00 am »
Oh too true, but try explaining it to the vet.  He is convinced now I am really "THE mad english woman!"

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS