Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Getting excited now!!  (Read 7251 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Getting excited now!!
« on: February 08, 2011, 10:12:47 pm »
Nearly time to get my two piglets!!!  Their shelter is ready for them, was Abel the goats home .....hope they like it, they will probably not know what to do with all the space though, as its quite large.  Not sure what Primrose, Poppy and Barnie the young goats will say - they will be able to see them over the half door.

HappyHippy

Re: Getting excited now!!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 08:38:03 am »
Oh, they'll know what to do alright Roxy  ;) ;D
A couple of my Kune Kune piglets went to a home with a goat, they now all share the same shed - until the goat gets fed up with them and moves to the other shed ::) ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 09:41:28 am »
Hope there will be pictures of goats and piglets together sounds lovely

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 06:05:33 pm »
We get our two gos weaners a week on sunday. Spent today trying to sort out the shabby fencing left by the previous owners. Already have tennis elbow not sure what state i'll be in tomorrow!! but all good fun ;D
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 08:16:49 pm »
ooh, Roxy ... why, what are you getting?!!  ;)    :)

our pigs live with the goats for a while, long story, and if you remember Murphy the boar kind of outstayed his welcome with them (wanted to give the girls chance to mature, then he got ill ::)  )
just mind they dont get into each others food ....
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 08:37:52 pm »
Oh yes, Murphy was in with your goats when I visited!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 09:18:04 pm »
He loved in there ... then got abit too kinky with them! and the amount of food he stole wasnt good for him ::)
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 09:42:01 pm »
Primrose and Poppy would have a shock if we put Murphy in with them - if he stole their food, they would get a dose of their own medicine - like they put Barnie through.

I thought I told you I was having two piglets?!!  Oh yes, I am ......from some nice people in Derbyshire.  Now what were their names .....you may have heard of them? 

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 09:52:13 pm »
hmm, not sure.  do the pigs look abit like this?  only muddier! 

Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 10:11:04 pm »
 ;D  cute or what?

Er .....hubby is expecting little tiny things........I sort of led him to think they are only diddy, and now I don't think they are as diddy as I said. Oh well, it will be a nice surprise for hubby!!

Not sure how he will be with pigs.  We were at the animal sanctuary the other week.  I always make a bee line for the two resident pigs.  Give them a good scratch over the door.  The sight of the large boar ambling towards me, well, the look of alarm on hubbys face.  And no, he did not offer to scratch either pig.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 10:25:03 pm »
well, they are smaller than when he came and fed the girls apples tell him!

they are about, erm, the height of say a west highland terrier but much, much rounder!
(thinking perhaps I'd better check tomorrow and tell you abit more accurately, so you know they'll be ok in the truck!)
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 10:33:32 pm »
Plenty of room in the van, don't worry!!!  Had alot bigger things in there, believe me.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 10:36:15 pm »
I'm sure!
they'll probably be happier in a crate, to stop them rolling round!
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 10:16:39 pm »
Collected my two little girlies today.

It was hard to choose - they were all so nice.  But we got one of the spotty ones and the ginger one.

All went very smooth.  Little Blue calmly picked up the chosen piglets, there was no wiggling or squealing.  Unloaded them this end, and again, they were well behaved.  Tucked into their tea, and ate the lot.  Goats and llama very interested in the grunting coming from the goat shelter ........and probably the neighbours over the lane will be equally puzzled by the strange noise too!!

HappyHippy

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 11:07:12 pm »
Oh you'll be smitten  :love:
Kunes have the most wonderful natures - I hardly hear mine make a noise (especially compared to the Large Blacks :o)) doesn't matter if you're picking them up, brushing them or injecting them - they just seem to take it in their stride.
Keep us posted with how they get on  :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS