Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tags ont match up ????  (Read 2070 times)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
Tags ont match up ????
« on: January 30, 2011, 09:12:20 pm »
I've checked my girls tags as I needed to record theirlitters and I can't match up their ear tags and their bpa paperwork. Boris's is really clear Id ear tag same tick in box girls ear tags should be axm 6 and 7 tags are 18 and 19 with long herd number... Clearly not right. Seems their breeder tagged them wrong what do I do??? I was so clueless when I got them I didn't check them..

robert waddell

Re: Tags ont match up ????
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 09:24:04 pm »
first contact the breeder/seller and what they say about this
it should not happen      now somebody else has your pigs(as per paperwork) and they are in a similar position
it could be a perfectly simple mistake or not

what breed are they

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 09:30:29 pm by lillian waddell »

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 10:10:04 pm »
Thanks Lillian they're saddlebacks

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 08:17:40 am »
the saddelback should be notched but a lot of breeders think it cruel (and can be confusing)
from what you have stated in your post i am suspecting the seller was a new breeder(the low numbers)

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 09:21:40 am »
Helen
As lillian says Saddlebacks are normally notched or tagged.
The long number might be thir pedigree number check it agaisnt the pedigree for example GOS begin GSR000123GS
so Saddlebacks i would suspect start SBR0000123SB.
Also some breeders tag pigs with travelling tags that are nothing to do with their registered number. Are the girls tatooed at all though this isn't normal for SB's.
Would check with the breeder as Lillian says, i'm sure it will just be a clerical error by which she's registered the numbers to the wrong owners and it will need putting right by the BPA!!!
Hope you get it sorted out.
Best Mandy
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:36:55 am by Fowgill Farm »

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 09:22:46 am »
Helencus,

1. Do they have two tags each, or just 1?
2.Are they notched?

Could be that they are notched (which should match the bpa paperwork), but also have a tag that has Defra herd no. on it, and indiv no. - used for transport ID rather than BPA.

www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

Mr Pig

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 09:43:57 am »
I suggest you contact either of the Saddleback Breed Reps, Stephen Booth (0161 928 2143) or Andy Gready (07967 019332) who should be able to help you sort it out.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 09:45:00 am »
Hi no they're definately not notched they have 2 tags each on the inside it has the herd Id with AXM and on the other the long number then 18 & 19 respectively.
I think it's an error , the breeder was a new breeder. I'll have to get in touch with him and the bpa.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS