Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kune Kune for eating  (Read 15049 times)

robert waddell

Re: Kune Kune for eating
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 05:58:41 pm »
LEE what are ramseys charging now for the whole process :wave:

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 08:37:00 pm »
Its dependant on the weight but it averages out to about £140 per pig

Well worth it!!

HappyHippy

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 08:48:31 pm »
 :o :o :o :o :o
Eeeek ! Think I'll stick with Chapmans - cost me £168 for 3 (only 1 was cured right enough, but still !)
I would dearly love to taste some though - see if that extra cost is worth it  :yum:
Karen x

robert waddell

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 09:25:47 pm »
the prices have went up dont think it matters  as to the taste  :wave:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 06:55:46 am »
Still no luck with Paisley  :(
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 01:31:00 pm »
If you think that's expensive, I took an old sow to Arran, just over £500 for burgers and sausages!

HappyHippy

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 01:41:55 pm »
Do you think the cost is justified Lee ? I'm just wondering if there really is a big enough difference in the finished product to justify the extra costs ? Was it the size of the sow that meant you took her to Arran ? or was it just to give her a wee boat trip (or any other more sensible reason, sorry  ::) :D;D ;D ;D
I'm not trying to be contentious, I just want to find out your thoughts  ;) :wave:
Karen x

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 06:07:09 pm »
I don't mind the cost at Ramsays, we've used them for a number of years but they will only take pigs up to 100kg. They skin them too so no excess fat! The meat is also presented really well and there is a choice of smoked/unsmoked, flavor of sausage and burger and just a generally great service.
The Arran pig was taken there because of her size but also because they need to be tested for something(whose name has escaped me) after a year old. That price was not including the ferry, but I atleast the foodmiles would be low on that occasion!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS