Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Echo the cat  (Read 9686 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Echo the cat
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 08:38:38 pm »
phew, so glad he's home!

we lost my baby boy Claude - just never came home.  now have (Roxy's) two kittens, one is the spitting image of him, the other acts like him, and of course he's always in my heart...
(and 2 others - mustn't forget them! the evil tabby & the pain-in-the-neck one!)
Little Blue

Bright Raven

• Joined May 2010
  • North Shropshire
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 09:22:04 pm »
It's that dreadful feeling that creeps over you, and you can't sense the cat in the house. Very disquieting.
Julia xxx 3 acres and a day job!!!! Chickens, Turkeys, Sheep, Pigs, Veggies and Homebrew. Husband, son, pets, chutney and music.
If I am here it's because I am putting my feet up!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 10:27:33 pm »
Couldn't have been mousing for two and a half days in this weather - none above ground!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 10:50:17 am »
I kept forgetting to ask if he was back, glad to hear he is.....Cats must be the freeest of pets, unless they are house cats, we are going to have a house cat when we start the garage and I hope I can put it on a harness to take for a walkies around the garden!!!! A cat would enjoy hidding here and peeing everywhere, thats one reason we did not have one here......dried cat pee is not the nicest aroma!!

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 06:10:57 pm »
Echo is an older moggie and needs a bit of extra love and reassurance. And glad to hear Rio came back safe and sound. Sorry to hear Claude never came home. I never read this section as cats are my first love and sad stories so so upsetting.

God bless all pussycats!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 06:30:00 pm »
I love Rio to bits and am so sad that his sister, Candy, went missing a year and a half ago - never missed a night in her own bed till one night she didn't come in when called and that was it. Poor Candy RIP
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Bright Raven

• Joined May 2010
  • North Shropshire
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 08:03:15 pm »
If I sit still and think about a cats I have loved and who have loved me I can almost feel them sitting on my lap with soft and calming solidity.  :) I raise a toast to all the ones we have loved and lost to the great litter tray in the sky.
Julia xxx 3 acres and a day job!!!! Chickens, Turkeys, Sheep, Pigs, Veggies and Homebrew. Husband, son, pets, chutney and music.
If I am here it's because I am putting my feet up!

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 10:55:39 am »
Interesting, I have 4 cats the youngest of which is about 4-5 months now and still doesn't have a name :o

First she was being sold along with her litter mates, a friend wanted her to join an older cat but said cat died and she then felt guilty so postponed "replacing" her and then decided her son should have a dog instead ::) so this kitten stayed which is fine as I'd lost Jack on the road while the litter was young, but I can't work out what her name is!

She seemed to be an Isis type at first, but then spent a while testing out Pearl, Silk, and Echo funnily enough because of her vocal tendencies ::)  She can hold an entire conversation with you and you still don't know what she actually wants to convey (her name maybe?) ::)

As her mum is going to be spayed shortly I am wondering about Omega (the ultimate kitten!) and she seemed happy with Mega-cat and Meggie Moo but is already starting to ignore that ::)

Her mum is Twiglet because she was a tiny tortie runt of a kitten and looked like one ;D while Twigs' litter sister Amber was identical but normal size and with a wee orange stripe on her nose.

I kept one of Twig's daughters last year after losing Merlin a grey tabby mystical boy.  She is Velvet because of her stunningly black and soft coat, easy :)  Wee madam is a full sister of Velvet and hence my trying out other gemstone and luxury fabric type names but nothing suits her for long ::)

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread but the Echo name caught my attention :)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 08:23:41 pm »
maybe thats "the" name then?! 
sounds like Echo would suit her ....
:)

post up a picture, I think a name has to "go" with the animal...
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS