Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Echo the cat  (Read 9687 times)

Bright Raven

• Joined May 2010
  • North Shropshire
Echo the cat
« on: December 16, 2010, 06:47:40 pm »
I have the most annoying cat in the world. Her name is Echo, because she followed me home one day while I was training to be a teacher in London. (I had only gone out for a packet of fags) I had shadowed a girl called Echo that day at Featherstone Comprehensive, (you follow the child around to every lesson they take without them knowing and make notes on your findings)  and somehow the name stuck to the cat. She is a long haired tabby and when she miaows she cries BROWwwwN. It is ear splitting and uncompromising. She uses the same sound for everything, going out, wanting food, finding something interesting, wanting to come in, telling me she has deposited a fur ball in my washing, telling me she is in the garden, and so on.

My OH often shouts "go and play in the road" at her.

13 years later we still have Echo, no longer a mouser but a lounge lizard, there was a time when we employed five bells on her collar to warn the birds of their impending doom, and she learnt to walk in a way that stopped them from ringing.

When you stroke her you get arse in the face, when she settles she claws your legs, when you want to go somewhere she gets under your feet, then she looks angelically up at you and shouts BROWwwwwn.

The ones that drive you mad really do seem to live for ever don't they?

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 07:55:55 pm by Bright Raven »
Julia xxx 3 acres and a day job!!!! Chickens, Turkeys, Sheep, Pigs, Veggies and Homebrew. Husband, son, pets, chutney and music.
If I am here it's because I am putting my feet up!

robert waddell

Re: Echo the cat
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 07:05:21 pm »
my o/h likes a pussy sitting on his leg

:cat:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 07:14:25 pm »
Would you like to rephrase that Lillian?  ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 07:17:05 pm »
She is such a part of your life, however annoying, you will miss her soooooo much and so will your husband, when she goes, most annimals can be annoying at times, my labs always get in my way, or maybe I get in theres but cats do have this thing about walking on your feet almost!! like the name!!!

Bright Raven

• Joined May 2010
  • North Shropshire
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 07:32:25 pm »
On my feet, in the cupboard, on my bed, on the table, in my son's bed. It's like she can create multiples of herself to be ... just where I am with the soul purpose of driving me bonkers. And how she needs love, and the thanks I get.... BROWwwwn.
Julia xxx 3 acres and a day job!!!! Chickens, Turkeys, Sheep, Pigs, Veggies and Homebrew. Husband, son, pets, chutney and music.

robert waddell

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 07:35:43 pm »
well thats a pussy for you

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 07:35:56 pm »
I have the most annoying cat in the world.
The ones that drive you mad really do seem to live for ever don't they?

but you obviously love her .... or you wouldn't be telling us!!
great name too.

one of ours (4) drives us crazy... talk about demanding! and he taps you til you feed him -has to see the food be put out fresh.
the tabby is pure evil, and swears terribly!
Little Blue

Bright Raven

• Joined May 2010
  • North Shropshire
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 07:56:06 pm »
You are so right, these animals of ours do seem to have the most extraordinary vocabulary's and alternative lives.
There was a time when Echo as quite a young cat used to go out in sliver sling backs to chat up the local boys. She would come home on Chubby's motor bike after an evening out down the club. I had strong suspicions that she had a pole dancing gig for a while. I know she was modeling for "fast paw" magazine on account of her heart shaped black fur around her fanny. In some ways it's a relief she has just turned into an old aged whinger.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 08:29:14 pm »
;D  she sounds great fun!!
Little Blue

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 10:21:54 pm »
That reminds me - must go and look fro Rio, think he's still out.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

princesspiggy

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 11:41:57 pm »
my friends old cat use to say "mouusssse" and hence mouse was her name, i bet she got some teasing from her friends  :cat:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 12:24:10 pm »
That reminds me - must go and look fro Rio, think he's still out.
Think I've lost Rio - wasn't in last night or night before and ALWAYS came in for his tea as there's nothing to catch just now.  So sign of him on the road nearby, or teh railway line, but he could have been hit and crawled into bushes. That's the trouble with cats, free agents. :( :( :(

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 06:46:14 pm »
fingers crossed he comes home wondering what all the fuss is about  :cat: :hshoe:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 08:02:19 pm »
That is exactly what happened half an hour ago, wandered in saying where's my tea, ate twice as much as usual, then squealed nonstop to get back out again till I got fed up and locked him in the utility room.  He's not going out on a cold night like this! And why he wanted straight back out is anybody's guess - and no, not a girlfriend as he's been 'done' ::)  I'm just glad he's not lying in a ditch somewhere half dead.

robert waddell

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 08:12:07 pm »
mousing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS