Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goats Wanted  (Read 2670 times)

landyman

• Joined Oct 2009
Goats Wanted
« on: November 07, 2010, 06:49:19 pm »
Hiya
I'm looking for two or three Nanny's and a Billy  :goat: young no older than 6 months.
I'm in Norwich area by the airport.
Can collect.

Also looking for livestock trailer or something like this on four wheels which i can convert

Thanks

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
Re: Goats Wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 06:23:34 am »
Have sent you an email regarding goats.

chickenfeed

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 07:42:22 am »
hi have you tried the norfolk & suffolk goat society, cambs goat club or the fenland goatkeepers & smallholders lots of contacts to be found quite close to you.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 03:59:25 pm »
Have you kept goats before? I am just surprised that you want a billy goat as well as the females. You will need separate accommodation from the word go, fairly strong for the billy, and he will need a companion, such as a castrated male.

If you are just starting out a couple of females, which you could get already in-kid this year (although they would be older than 6 months, probably minimum 18 months just now), should give you at least one female kid in the spring to get a flock (and milking) started - goats herds get established very quickly!

Also you would need a good hay stack handy (or be prepared to buy it in for about 4 quid a small bale) for winter feed. four or five goats go through a huge amount of hay over the winter, and they need quite a bit through the summer as well.

landyman

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 04:44:19 pm »
hi yes hade some  :goat:8of 4 around 5 years

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 06:08:30 am »
Landyman     did you get my PM ?  If not, I have a young male +castrate for company.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS