Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Comfrey  (Read 8327 times)

deepinthewoods

Re: Comfrey
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 10:31:37 pm »
  I would love a cutting and love a 'pay it forward' cutting and seed system.  Yipee.  I can offer lots of packets of seeds that I got free in mags last year but dont have good enough beds (yet) to plant - carrots etc.  Will list elsewhere.

me too. swapshop?

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 12:17:50 am »
I have received some comfrey roots from Fleecewife last year. Now that I have my new allotment  :thumbsup: as soon as it is I will send 3 people some root cuttings and if each of those 3 send it to 3 more then the whole forum will have their own comfrey  ;D

Thank you slavo that's a lovely idea  :thumbsup: :) :wave:  I can't dig my own stuff up anymore so it will mean that in a way I am still passing some on  8)
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Muc

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Co Clare, Ireland
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 10:03:28 am »
I've always been confused :-\ by the advice to use 'wilted' comfrey leaves. Surely the chemical composition does not alter by wilting.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 10:06:23 am »
no, but it does mean its easier to use.

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 06:53:26 pm »
 :-\Hi
Can you tell me what colour flowers are usually on comfrey plants as there are white flowers on mine and most of the ones in books are pinky/blue flowers. I read somewhere that the white flowers are quite a rare variety. But before I brew it up to make fertilizer for my plants, I just want to check it is comfrey. The leaves are exactly the same as the pinky/blue ones. It spreads like a weed in my garden even growing up in between paving slabs.
Many thanks
Sarah

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 10:41:22 pm »
Bocking 14 has pinky/blue flowers.  The one which grows at the roadside up here in Scotland has pale cream flowers and spreads by seeds - don't know its botanical name.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 12:03:49 am »
Would I need much space to grow some?

tygrysek75

• Joined Dec 2011
  • London
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2012, 08:56:05 pm »
This stuff is a weed in my garden,had used loads as fertilizer last year,but really need reduce this as taking over my garden,luckly my hens helping out by eating the stuff thru the winter as it was only plant that had been growing thru winter.really surprised as they did not tuch this at all during summer.

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2012, 10:09:50 pm »
If anyone wants to visit and dig up some, they are welcome.  :thumbsup: Its Bocking 14  and I am in Worcestershire between Bromyard and Malvern.  Pm me  :)
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS