Sunday 7 July, 2013
Steve has been here this week building a dry stone wall between the fruit garden and the barn, thus replacing the scabby chicken wire that was there to keep any wandering livestock off the strawberries.
Dan has been sorting out stone for Steve, from the large mound that was… - actually, I can’t remember where it came from but it was large, stony and weedy and a bit of an eyesore.
So, as a result of one job (the wall being built), several other things have benefitted:
- The soil that was in the pile has been used to top up the beds in the fruit garden and to level out the front lawn.
- The rubble from the pile has been used to raise the level of the path in the fruit garden, ready for the membrane and bark.
- Bricks have been salvaged from the pile to finish round the fruit trees.
- The pile has got smaller.
- The pigs have had lots of weeds to munch on.
- Dan’s built a whole load of muscle! :-)